Layered Rainbow Pasta Salad
Help your kids get their five-a-day with this colourful rainbow pasta salad , ideal for lunch.
- 165g can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 tablespoon whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yoghurt
- ½ tspn fresh chives, finely sliced (optional)
- 250g pasta, cooked according to packet directions and cooled
- ½ cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 orange capsicum
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup snow peas, roughly chopped
In a small bowl, mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, Greek yoghurt and chives. Mix well until smooth and thoroughly combined.
Divide the pasta to clear containers (plastic for kids, glass jars for adults) as a bottom layer.
Next, top the pasta in each container with the tuna mixture and smooth over so the pasta is well covered.
Alternate laying the corn, capsicum, tomatoes and snow peas in each container until all the vegetables have been used up.
- Seal the container with a lid and store in the fridge for up to 3 days or in an insulated lunchbox with an ice-brick until lunchtime.
Stay tuned for all things food and wellness.
Sarah Moore (RNutr, MPH).