Shanghai Pan Fried Dumplings
Dumplings (jiǎozi, 饺子) symbolises wealth as the pronunciation of the word jiǎozi shares the same sound with 角子 Jiǎozi an ancient coin.
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Marinate time: 3 hrs | Cuisine: Chinese
Dumpling wrappers 150g
300g Pork mince
25g Ginger minced
½ Stalk spring onion, finely chopped
30 mL stock or water
2 tbsp Oil
½ tsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
½ tsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
1 tsp Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Oyster Sauce
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
White pepper to taste
½ tsp Cornstarch
2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Seasoned Soy Sauce for Dumpling
Making the Filling
- Mix filling ingredients with the marinade sauce until the sauce is incorporated into the mince.
- Cover the mixture and rest in the fridge for 3 hours.
Cooking the Dumplings
- Use dumpling wrappers & fill with pork mixture to form a dumpling shape.
- Heat fry pan with oil and place all dumplings flat-side down
- Add room temperature water to one third of the height of dumpling.
- Turn to low heat and cover with lid.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until water dries out.
- Remove lid and drizzle with oil.
Turn to high heat and cook for further 2 minutes or until bottom side is golden brown and crispy.